Re: [squid-users] Internet Sharing using squid for 2000 users

From: Sushil Deore <sushil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 00:36:49 +0530 (IST)

hi,

In a long term a dual CPU with server grade motherboard not
to very high end(Intel/AMD) and 2GB RAM will suit to your need.
You can choose any os you want. SCSI disk will be a good option but
normal IDE and SATA will also do.

My present setup runs on a simple Intel P-4 desktop system with 2 GB RAM
and IDE HDD with seperate caching proxy servers and my user database is
much higher than yours. I am also migrating from my present setup to the
server grade config due to the increasing number of users and the amount
of CPU consumption. So you can peacefully have the said h/w config.

-- Sushil.