[squid-users] Is Squid for me? Redirecting to multiple servers...

From: David Leangen <dleangen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:09:08 +0900

Hello!

I've read through the documentation, but there's a lot to digest.

Can anybody tell me if Squid is the right product for me? Here is a
summary of what I'd like to do.

I would like to set up a proxy that will forward outside HTTP/HTTPS
requests to a different internal server depending on the URL.

For example:

  http://www.mydomain.com --> http://192.168.1.2:80
  http://www.mydomain.com/A/* --> http://192.168.1.2:8080
  http://www.mydomain.com/B/* --> http://192.168.1.2:8081
  http://www.myotherdomain.com --> http://192.168.1.4:80

You get the picture.

Can Squid do this? If so, how? Redirectors doesn't seem to be the right
approach, so I'm not sure how this works.

Thank you!!

Dave