Re: [squid-users] Problem with squid connecting to an FTP server

From: Neil A. Hillard <hillardn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:34:04 +0100

Henrik,

        thanks very much for the response.

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>> o FTP server issues:
>>
>> 125 Data connection already open; transfer starting.
>

> Not OK. This should have been a
>
> 150 File status okay; about to open data connection.
>

> 125 is a very special case, only used if a prior file transfer failed
> leaving an already established data transfer unused.
>
> What kind of FTP server is this?
Not 100% sure although I'm trying to find out. The system command yields:

ftp> system
215 UNIX Type: L8 Version: SnapOS.

I've just tried this from a Windows XP box I had lying around that had
Ethereal on it and the FTP server also gives out a 125 response for the
NLST command.

Many thanks in advance,

                                Neil.

--