RE: [squid-users] Which the best OS for Squid?

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:06:09 -0800

If you are concerned enough about the performance of Squid to use the noatime option, Squid should not only have its own partition, it should have its own disks. Having Squid's cache on "/" indicates (to me) a multi-use box, not a dedicated Squid server. Notice as well, the recommendation for mounting Squid's cache noatime falls below having multiple disks for cache.

Chris

Chris