[squid-users] Linux vs Windows port, different behaviour

From: <ulyssemail-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:51:13 +0200 (CEST)

I installed squid in a linux box two days ago and it
perfoms very well, but I noticed that I can't access
some pages... I try to find out a misconfiguration but
it's all OK... I read all the FAQ but i didn't find a
solution for this problem so I resigned. But yesterday
I installed squid in a WinXP machine, taken from
http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT.htm, and I noticed that
it works!!! So the linux version doesn't work for some
sites, the windows one works... Here's some sites i
tried to access from both boxes:

http://www.187.it works for windows
http://www.155.it works for both
http://www.190.it works for both
http://punto-informatico.it works for windows

I used Squid 2.5-STABLE10 for both machines.

Machines configuration:
WinXP with SP2
Linux Slackware 9.1, Kernel 2.4.31

Best regards.

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
http://it.messenger.yahoo.com