[squid-users] Dansguardian Squid NTLM

From: Paul Matthews <paul.matthews@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:21:17 +1000

Hi there

I've got my RHEL 4 box to authenticate using NTLM. Now I want to run
DansGuardian, I have edited in the '/etc/dansguardian/dansguardian.conf'
file to say

usernameidmethodproxyauth = on

I have DansGuardian running on 8080 and squid on 3128. when I run IE via
3128 all is good, but when I run it via 8080 I get ' The page cannot be
displayed' - ' Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer'??

Does anyone have a good setup, or how to guide or running these two programs
together using NTLM?

Do I need to change some ACL's to run squid/ntlm with squid?

When I place the 'http_access allow localhost' before the 'http_access allow
ntlm_auth' then DansGuardian works, but in the DansGuardian log file is does
not log the domain\username.