Re: [squid-users] Hardware Recommendations

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:14:32 +0200

On 13.10 17:51, Timothy Bushart wrote:
> So if I may provide a scenario, I have one last question:
> I will Mirror 2 36GB 15K SCSI drives for the OS and logs..Will rotate the
> logs etc...
> I will install two additional disks, each 72GB 15K SCSI Ultra3 drives, no
> raid, just individual drives and place a cache_dir on each.
> ~40GB each of cache...

I see no problems with 50 or even 60 ;)

> If one of the cache drives fails, what happens to squid when it can't find
> it?

you will have to disable it in config directory, otherwise squid won't start
(tyhis could be probably changed, or an option could be created for this)

> From: john allspaw [mailto:jallspaw@yahoo.com]

> - mount ext2, noatime

noatime is good, but I prefer journalling to avoid long running fsck after
machine crashes...

Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.