[squid-users] trying to apply the X-FORWARDED-FOR patch

From: <rance@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 04:30:18 +0000

Im really trying to understand whats going on here, but ive never come
across such an unbelievably hard job as making squid recognize
x-forwarded-for headers.

I'd like to implement a
client-transparent_proxy-dansquardian-squid-internet model for my
office.

I want to use DG to filter out porn and other stuff that will never be
allowed, but I want to use squid to filter out other lists of stuff
based on the time of day.

the problem is that even though DG can send the X-forwarded-for header,
I can make squid use it.

Ive manually patched the squid 2.5 STABLE9,10 and 11 sources with the
x_forwarded_for path. but I cant do it. either the bootstrap will fail
after the patch is applied, or the ./configure doesnt work, or the make
wont make or whatever.

I have got to have squid running where it can accept the X forwarded
headers, or I cant use the software.

anybody know of a user contributed squid project that can filter based
on the X-forwarded-for header.

does somene have a suggestion for a software project other than squid
that would let me to what Im tring to do?

thank you