Re: [squid-users] PID conflict

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:04:25 +0200

On 17.10 11:27, Awie wrote:
> I have intermittent problem of PID conflict between squid and other
> service. As report below, squid uses PID that also be used by tty2.

tty2 is a tty, not a process. Do you mean getty on tty2?

> Sometime it conflict with other service.

so, the pid in squid pid file is used by someone else, not squid.

> I load squid from rc.local. Is it the cause of problem? Should I use
> another method to load Squid?

- how do you shut squid down? do you always explicitly shut it down via
system shutdown scripts?

- where do you have pidfile? in /var/run? There should be system startup
scripts that clean /var/run. Do you have them?

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...