[squid-users] Regarding squid redirections.

From: muna khajur <muntazar_munna@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:00:33 +0100 (BST)

We have a squid server which we are using as a
redirector primary aim being http<-->https
redirections.The squid (192.168.26.11) seems to
redirect properly over local network
(192.168.26.0/24), but when we connect the squid
server to a remote network over VPN the redirections
for the remote site's (http as well as https) stops
off, although the client browser says connected to
site https://foo.com (site on the remote network after
connecting the squid server on vpn) but
nothing seems to come on the client it shows a
blankpage the task bar indicating connection
established(i.e mozilla and firefox both).

1)Does squid support redirections on VPN?
2)Is VPN causing the squid redirections to get stopped
or it is a browser setting issue?
3)Is it required to enter the new ip id of the squid
machine (VPN IP) in the squid.conf?

Regards,
MAP