RE: [squid-users] blocking file types for all users with exceptions ?

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:31:11 -0800

Assuming you are using proxy_auth to gather the user name...

acl SpecialUsers proxy_auth user1 user2 user3

... then change this line...

http_access deny files workdays

http_access deny files workdays !SpecialUsers

... and you should be set.

The FAQ (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/) has a lot of good information on ACLs (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html).

Chris