[squid-users] Please help with proxy configuration

From: Bernard Barton <bfb21@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:46:46 -0400

I'm a complete squid newbie. I'm trying to configure squid on a
Linux/Apache web server. I don't need caching, but am only interested
in using it as a proxy. Essentially what I want to do is make a DNS
change so that (for example) somehost.com and someotherhost.com resolve
to my squid/Apache server squidproxy.com. Then when you access
www.somehost.com, you're directed to www.squidproxy.com, which then
redirectes the request to www.somehost.com. The same for www.someotherhost.com.
I've been reading the documentation for hours and cannot get this
to work. Something like this:

www.squidproxy.com -> www.somehost.com
www.squidproxy.com -> www.someotherhost.com

FYI, I have apache running on port 81 on the apache/squid
server. Can someone please show me an example of this?
Here are some of the configuration parameters I've been playing
with:

http_port 80
httpd_accel_host localhost
httpd_accel_port 81