[squid-users] http_access conundrum

From: Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:46:44 +0100

To all,

I am using external authentication ldap, where on a group basis I am
blocking file extensions such as \.exe$ \.zip$ etc. Members of this
group are restricted from downloading executable and zip files.

Now, I have a number of users which are using client software which
needs to be regularly updated by exe files from the internet. I would
like to allow those users to be able to access the exe files from the
nominated sites only. I created another group for them and tried to
exclude them from the exe ban list for the specific sites only.

Existing rules:

acl internet_access6 external ldap_group Access-Exe-Bacs
acl exe-bacs dstdomain "/usr/local/squid/var/exe-sites.tp" - these are
the domains I would like those exe files from, but nowhere else!

acl internet_access3 external ldap_group Access-Internet
acl word-control url_regex -i "/usr/local/squid/var/word-control.tp"
acl site-control dstdomain "/usr/local/squid/var/site-control.tp"
acl download urlpath_regex \.exe$ \.zip$

I can either block or no site at all.

Many thanks for your help

Tomas

--