Re: [squid-users] Strange Vary:Cookie behaviour between Squid and IE

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:03:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, CP Hennessy wrote:

> I have Squid 2.5 stable acting as a a reverse proxy for a zope instance. In
> Zope I have specified in the Vary tag as "Accept-Encoding, Cookie". Zope was
> setup to send a PURGE to Squid when it's content got changed.

Vary and PURGE is a complicated combination.. you need to issue PURGE
requests of each unique combination seen of the Vary listed headers. This
is complete headers as sent by the clients, not just the pieces the web
server actually cares about..

If you don't you only purge Squids knowledge of that this object varies,
and the next request will rebuild this knowledge.