[squid-users] Delay pool weirdness

From: Gerhardus Geldenhuis <gerhardus.geldenhuis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:06:16 +0100

Hi
I have the following very basic configuration for a delay pool on RH9
squid 2.6stable6-3.
acl ttt 192.168.140.30
delay _access 1 allow ttt
delay_parameters 1 25600/102400

The entries is in that order in the config file.

What is strange is that I start with small values for delay_access,
something like 500/1000. I then start to download a iso file in
windows with firefox and keep an eye on the speed which is consistent
with the settings.

When I then increase these values and do a squid -k reconfigure the
download speed increases steadily until it reaches the new limit.

The strange part is that when I decrease these values again and do a
squid -k reconfigure the download speed shown in firefox does not
decrease at all.

Am I missing something obvious or is this perhaps a problem with
Firefox. I know using firefox to measure traffic is not the most
scientific way but it works reasonably well.

What I am trying to achieve is to limit our WSUS server downloads
during the day with a delay pool. However everyone else must still be
able to access the

--
Groete
Gerhardus Geldenhuis