[squid-users] connecting to roadrunner webmail through squid

From: Mark Drago <mdrago@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:35:03 -0400

Hello,

I'm having a problem logging in to road runner's webmail service through
a squid proxy. When I'm not going through the proxy everything works
fine. The url of the site is: https://webmail.ne.rr.com/ Unfortunately
I can't just give out the login & password for an account on the site so
it will not be very possible for any of you to try it out. The error I
get from the road runner site is 'Session timed out. Log in again'

I found a little bit of information about the broken_posts directive. I
wasn't entirely sure that it would help, but I tried it. However,
adding the following to the squid.conf file didn't help:

acl buggy_server url_regex .*webmail.ne.rr.com/.*
broken_posts allow buggy_server

Has anyone else had any trouble with road runner mail in particular or
web mail systems in general? Are there any other things I could try
that might help solve this problem?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Mark Drago.