[squid-users] Squid and active directory

From: Abbas Salehi <abbas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:44:30 +0330

Hi guys

Can anyone help me

I have configure the squid to authenticate against Acive directory,but it
doesn't work,

How squid works with samba,when i set the auth_param with ntlm method how
squid find the domain or how connect to samba,

I've to ntlm_auth module ,one of them are in squid module library , and
other one located at /usr/bin/ ,which ones should be used, ?

The following lines are my configuration for squid :

squid.conf

auth_param ntlm program
/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 30
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param basic program
/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
auth_param basic casesensitive off

acl AuthorizedUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow all AuthorizedUsers

smb.conf :

What is the password server, can set the ip address ?

#[global]
    workgroup = test.com
    server string = testserver
    security = test