[squid-users] OWA contents frame displays "Loading"

From: Castañeda Jairo <Jairo.Castaneda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:22:47 -0200

Hello to all,

First the setup of my Internet connection:

Internet ←→ SEF Firewall ←→ Proxy (RH 7.2 Squid 2.4STABLE7) ←→ Clients

Now the problem:
When users try to connect with an external OWA server, they get a Web page appearing with all the information except the actual emails. Instead, it displays "Loading...." in that part of the Web browser. According to Microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823) there are several reasons for this behavior, but as the connection works just fine when the client connects directly to the Internet I thought that the first reason was the most likely:

"Internet Explorer version 5.0 and later supports HTTP-DAV as described in Request for Comments (RFC) 2518). Distributed Authoring Version (DAV) uses Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) verbs that your proxy server or firewall does not recognize. Additionally, your proxy or firewall solution does not permit you to customize the list of approved HTTP verbs."

So I began troubleshooting this problem by checking the Symantec KB where I found an entry referring to this specific problem so I followed to the letter the article but to no avail. However I tested the connection bypassing the proxy and connecting directly to the firewall and it worked so it seems that the problem lies now in the proxy side.

I checked the mail archive but the only thing I found was to use the always_direct directive which for me is not an option because my default gateway points to the intranet and there is no chance of adding a static route pointing to the Internet. ¿Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.