Re: [squid-users] Difference between basic authentication

From: John Walubengo <jwalu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 05:52:44 -0700 (PDT)

broadly speaking, I think NTLM authentication is where u
would use Windows NT/2k/etc to authenticate squid users.
I.e whatever credentials users enter to log into windows
network is what is used by squid to allow access to the
internet.

Basic authentication would be the defualt linux
authentications u could set up to allow users access to the
internet by typing in their linux login credentials.

walu.

http://mail.yahoo.com