Re: [squid-users] data cached with an external helper

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:05:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Ghis wrote:

> Documentation mention that results of an external Acl like that are cached.
> Is the result attached to the page? To the ip source? Both? Is "my_argument"
> cached?

It's cached per the expanded format string specified in external_acl_type
plus any additional data supplied by the acl directive. To be exact it is
the query to the helper that is cached.

In your case by source IP + my_argument.

There is a low-priority project to allow additional data to be sent to the
helpers not neccesarily part of the cache key but this is not quite yet in
place (the initial selected design did not work out too well in how the
cache key could be determined). For details on this see
devel.squid-cache.org.