[squid-users] Performance question

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:02:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Usually my proxy (Squid 2.5 STABLE10 on RH Linux) performs quite well, but
occasionally I see a drop in the number of successful requests (it's
usually around 200/s, but drops to as low as 100/s). I've written a small
performance test which uses curl to measure time_total, time_connect and
speed_download. The script runs on the same machine. Most of the time, the
connect time is close to 0 ms, but occasionally I see a spike, largest
I've seen is around 6 seconds(!) connect time. time_total - time_connect
is reasonably constant (somewhere between 600 and 800 ms)

Does anyone have an idea where I could start to find a cause of this
strange behaviour? Kernel settings? TCP settings? Squid settings?

Joost