Re: [squid-users] Squid won't start with 2 cache_dirs configured - RESOLVED

From: Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:35:23 -0500

>On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>> I temporarily set permissions on both /cache and /cache/squid to
>> 777. I still get the same error. Besides overly strict permissions,
>> is there anything else that would cause Squid to give "Permission
>> denied"?
>
>What OS are you using? If Fedora Linux then maybe you enabled SE-Linux
> and your Squid is tripping the SE policy?

Thank you!

I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. It includes SELinux, but i've
never played with SELinux and so didn't even think to check that. For
now i've turned off SELinux and Squid started working! Some day i may
take the time to learn how to use SELinux properly and then be able to
turn it back on, but it looks somewhat involved.

Dan Ramaley
Network Programmer/Analyst
(515) 271-4540
Dial Center 118, Drake University