[squid-users] squidnt2.5 stable 10 ntlm authentication

From: tan hs <tanhsjunk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:31:58 +0800

Hi,

I am new to Squid. I got the SquidNT2.5 installed and everything works
well. I tried the win32_auth and it works well too. I don't quite like it
and I tried the ntlm. Everythings works fine also except I found
out that if I tried to get the win32_check_group to grap a file which
contains the global group it failed to works. If I make it direct to
the acl line it works well. Just wonder what could goes wrong.

FYI, I have an NT4.0 PDC with a global group "gproxy".

I checked the cache log file, and I got this error msg.
/win32_check_group.exe NetUserGetGroups() failed.

I have tried to search on the archive, but I could find a good solution.

The following is an abstract of the squid.conf configuration file.
auth_param ntlm program d:/squid/libexec/win32_ntlm_auth.exe
auth_param ntlm children 5
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate on

external_acl_type NT_global_group %LOGIN
d:/squid/libexec/win32_check_group.exe -D NMSCDOM -G -P
# the next line is not working... tried many ways, this file contains
only gproxy
# with or without double quotes
#acl GProxyUsers external NT_global_group "d:/squid/etc/iusers"
acl GProxyUsers external NT_global_group gproxy
http_access allow GProxyUsers

Thank you.