Re: [squid-users] Re: Difference between basic authentication

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:38:00 +0200

On Saturday 29 October 2005 06:28, Adam Aube wrote:
> A third authentication option, digest, solves the security issues of
> basic while remaining fully compatible with the HTTP protocol. However,
> it is more difficult to integrate with an authentication backend than
> basic.

Do you have any pointers? We currently run basic authentication with an
LDAP backend. And since we'd rather like something less plaintext but no
Microsoft crap (at least at this level) this sounds like a good solution.
But I didn't know of anything else than Basic and NTLM yet. I'd be
interested.

 Christoph

--
    |\      _,,,---,,_        Famous last words of a sysadmin:
    /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_    "We'll do the backup tomorrow."