Re: [squid-users] squidnt2.5 stable 10 ntlm authentication

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:10:11 +0100

Hi,

At 12.45 01/11/2005, tan hs wrote:
>Anyway, the reason for me to put -P was first I tried without it
>goes to BDC server for authetication and it failed. Then I tried to
>be very specific with -D and -P and it works beautifully. Hence,
>not to mess up the thing when I am trying to debug, I am trying not
>to chance anything already working. I do share your concern on a
>single point of failure. I haven't put it to the production
>environment yet ! I need to do futher study on this.

May be a name resolution problem.

>As in the iuser file, I have tried 2 options, with and without the
>double quote, which is gproxy and "gproxy". Both doesn't work.

I have just done a test with a similar setup, and here it works fine.

Please, verify again the following:

- check if the group name in the external file is not quoted
- stop and restart the squid service, the external file is read only
during startup or reconfiguration

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/