Re: [squid-users] Turning of forward loop warnings

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:50:39 +0100

On 02.11 12:58, Adam Clark wrote:
> I use some virur protection on our squid box which for each query
> Get shot off to the virus software on localhost, then the virus
> Software uses the same instance of squid for the final request.

this is strange setup. why is tghat done this way?

> Critical config statements I use to perform this:
> cache_peer localhost parent 3128 7 no-query default
> always_direct allow localhost
> always_direct deny all

> never_direct deny localhost
> never_direct allow all
these are superflous I'd say :)

> Unfortunatley, I end up getting millions of the warning messages as
> shown below.
>
> It there any way of turning this off?

> 2005/11/02 12:52:12| WARNING: Forwarding loop detected for:

it's because there IS forwarding loop client -> squid -> antivirus -> squid
squid reports loop if it founds the requerst was already sent threough this
proxy. You probably should change4 the setup to something that would not
cause the loop...