New version of squid filter patches

From: Rene Mayrhofer <rene.mayrhofer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:19:40 +0000

Hi all,

[Please CC me in replies, I am not subscribed to this mailing list.]

I have finally come around to create a web page for my squid filter patches
(an updated version of Olaf Titz's patches, as indicated by my last post
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200401/0062.html). They
work with squid 2.5.9 and include a streaming clamav anti-virus filter plugin
that works quite well. It has been included in Gibraltar firewall for over a
year and has thus been tested at many sites (including networks with >100
concurrent users).

There is a tradeoff between the probability of detecting a virus and
performance, but it is configurable in squid.conf. With the values suggested
at my web page, the probability of letting a virus through is low, and
performance is reasonable.

You can find the current patch at http://www.mayrhofer.eu.org/squid-filter

(I am sorry for the shameless plug of my web page, but I think that these
patches might be helpful to some people.)

with best regards,
Rene