RE: [squid-users] How do I stop access.log from logging gifs and jpegs

From: Ric Lonsdale <ric.lonsdale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:06:25 -0000

> > Is it possible to stop squid from logging gifs and jpegs in
> the access.log
> > file?
>
> http://devel.squid-cache.org/old_projects.html#customlog
>
> Can you advise which part of this link I should concentrate
> on as I am not a
> programmer. If you can tell me what requires changing I can
> ask the relevant
> person to help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Ric

Perhaps "How do I patch Squid?" needs to be added to the FAQ (or
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-2.html#ss2.6 could be expanded)...

Squid patches available from http://devel.squid-cache.org/ should be applied
to the most recent source. Assuming you have the most recent Squid source
downloaded and extracted, and the patch you wish to apply has been
downloaded to the same directory, here are the steps to follow (with
footnotes following the steps):

patch -p0 < name_of_squid_patch *
cd squid_source_dir
./bootstrap.sh **
./configure --help ***

* Errors with patches are beyond the scope of this email. References on
failing patches and reject files are available elsewhere.
** Pay VERY close attention to the requested version of autoconf and
automake. I mean it.
*** To verify that the options added by the patch are available.

Chris

I'm using STABLE11. Does this mean the change I want to make to the
access.log is already a feature within this version of Squid and if so how /
where do I make the change?

Thanks,
Ric