Re: [squid-users] re transparent proxy error

From: CsY <csy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:02:50 +0100

Hello

My network layout:

---LAN---SWITCH1---CORE_SWITCH---SQUID---JUNIPER(hw firewall)---NET----
                   SWITCH2--|

the suid server interfaces in bridge.
the server side ip adresses 172.21.253.0-200
the client side: 172.21.1.0-254
the switch1 : client side, default gw for clients
switch2: server side, def gw for servers
Core switch: All traffic meeting point, no restriction
Juniper: Hw firewall, gw for switches. 2 outside ip and one internal ip
(172.21.253.254).
Squid: two interfaces (eth0,1) bridged to 172.21.253.250, no iptables
restriction, only forward the packets from 80 to squid. The def.gw
172.21.253.254

the squid contains these lines:
http_port 8080
httpd_accel_port 80

httpd_accel_single_host off
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
httpd_accel_host virtual

and the iptables:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -m tcp -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 8080

ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger)
squid 2.5 Stable 10
iptables 1.3.1