[squid-users] Strange disk full in FreeBSD

From: forgetful tan <forgetful_tan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:18:24 +0800

Hi,

My squids ran into trouble after it startup for some period of time.
Squid stop accepting new connections. When I login to that machine and
ran df, it show out that there's 100% space usage in the cache_dir . I
tried to stop squid and re-newfs . But I just can't umount it ! The only
way I can fix it is to reboot the machine to let it be fscked. And after
the reboot, I df again and got about 20% disk usage in the cache_dir .
I met the same problem in FreeBSD from 4.3 to 4.9 with cache_dir of
UFS+SoftUpdate¡£ I check the google for UFS problem and got some advice
on changing the time optimize to space optimize. But I just don't think
that's the problem I met, coz if all the blocks are used up, then it
can't be fix after a simple reboot (with a fsck ?), right ?

Did anyone have some experience about the problem ?

Thanks.

Forgetful Tan.