[squid-users] http accel with proxy

From: Anwar Ahmad <anwar.ahmad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:34:06 +0800

Hi All,

I seem to have a minor problem in using httpd_accel with proxy.

Currently squid is being a reverse proxy for a local webserver on port
80. It now seems to work. basically anyone accessing proxy:80 with get
redirected to webserver:80. That's fine, however those whose browser is
configured for the proxy cannot view it. It seems when using the proxy
function, it can't view it self... which makes sense.

I've read that I should use always_direct but it doesn't seem to work.
acl local-servers dst webserver proxy external.proxy.domain.com
always_direct allow local-servers
(3 items here, the local proxy server name, the local webserver name and
the external name for the proxy server)

I don't want to use dstdomain as I need them to access through the proxy
even for some local access because of some VPN issues... but thats not
really relevant to this discussion...

Also the proxy's port 80 is accessible over the Internet with an
external IP. Proxied users are also unable to view this even using the
external IP. I keep getting Access denied...

Any pointers would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Anwar