[squid-users] music streaming contnues despite squid termination

From: Mooky Mooksgill <starman7@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:03:24 +0000

i have decided to allow a user to listen to streaming audio,
so i added the site to his whitelist, but when squid terminates -
the audio continues to stream (i wanted to be able to
end his session if the listening affected our bandwidth).

why don't all client connections terminate when squid does (or do they)?

i have tried pkill -HUP inetd in addition to killing squid alone. i am
running sparc solaris 9.

it seems once the connection starts streaming, it will continue
despite the proxy being closed - though no new sessions can be
initiated (might it be cached ahead, i have only tested closing squid,
the music continues, i've let it run maybe 2 minutes following the closure
of
squid, it seems like will go on and on, but i haven't actually waited longer
than
a few minutes.

how might i stop this stream? i do not have access to our gateway
router.

many thanks,
s7