Re: [squid-users] Too few authenticator processes are running

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:16:42 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Matt Alexander wrote:

> In the cache.log, we get squid restarting about once a minute:
>
> (squid_ldap_auth): error.c:221: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `r !=
> ((void *)0)' failed.

Your LDAP library is very unhappy about something in the response from
your LDAP server.

> Hmmm... using tcpdump/ethereal, I get this error:
>
> W80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C09030B, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error,
> data 525, v893

No idea, but googling for the same message gives some clues:

http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-203331/Active-Directory-Microsoft-LDAP-SDK-Problem-with-ldapbinds
http://www.codecomments.com/archive408-2005-5-499111.html
http://www.directory-info.com/LDAP/LDAPErrorCodes.html

Seems this is Microsofts method of saying that the login failed, where
most others simply returns "Invalid credentials".

Suggestions:

a) Upgrade to a more current OpenLDAP release

b) Upgrade to a more current Squid version. A lot has happened to
squid_ldap_auth and Squid in the 3.5 years since 2.4.STABLE1 was released.