[squid-users] Question about NTLM authentication

From: <lmarcilly@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:27:55 +0000

Hi all,

i have some questions about NTLM authentication.

Actually i use DansGuardian with Ident to authenticate user in order to filter traffic according to the username. But there is a problem with Ident : deployment. Installing Ident on all clients takes time so i want to find an other solution. I search about using NTLM authentication because the majority of client runs Windows so there is nothing to install for NTLM.

First, i want to know if i can use NTLM authentication with ACL in order to filter traffic according to the username? I suppose i can but i'm not sure.

I also want to know if Samba is required to use NTLM authentication or if there are others solutions?

And finally, i want to know if it works with Terminal servers? With Ident, if i use terminal server, dansguardian don't know the real username but user which runs Identd on the server.

Sorry for my english.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.
lm.