Re: [squid-users] intoduce authentication without changing policies

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:22:42 +0100

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 18:12 +0100, Pim Zandbergen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On one of the systems under my control, I'd like to use ntlm
> authentication, just for the purpose of getting as many usernames
> as can be collected, into the logfiles.
>
> I don't want to introduce any actual changes in the existing policies,
> which now do not take authentication status as a parameter.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this in squid?

Yes, just set NTLM authentication up, and set an ACL which states

acl required proxy_access REQUIRED
http_access allow REQUIRED
http_access allow all

I'm not sure it will be completely transparent to users which cannot
successfully authenticate, but the only way to make sure is to try.

--
Kinkie <kinkie-squid@kinkie.it>