Re: [squid-users] HOWTO increase HIT Ratio

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:16:27 +0100

On 17.11 16:22, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:
> Can anybody help me how to increase or improve MEM_HIT,

increase cache_mem and tune up maximum_object_size_in_memory. I have:
cache_mem 128 MB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 128 KB

> IMS_HIT and

use bigger cache.

> REFRESH_HIT,

only by violation of HTTP standard. Do not.

> correct be if I'm wrong, but if I'm not mistaken improving
> these HITS will help a lot on subscriber side.

yes, if your squid is fast enough.
Note for all recommended improvements you need more memory and for the
second fast disk(s)

Saving Private Ryan...
Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)