RE: [squid-users] ACL Rules in memory

From: John Cougar <cougar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:40:04 +1100

Info,

Are you looking to slow squid down to a grinding halt?? ACLs are in memory
for a very good reason, and forcing Squid to go to Disk I/O for every access
would give you ... less than desirable results, rest assured.

Just tell squid to re-read the config file each time you update it! It's not
difficult ... either:

 kill -HUP /var/run/squid.pid

or whereever you hide your squid pid.

or run: