[squid-users] Any way to view the current state of delay pools?

From: Phillip Geiger <phillip.geiger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:08:34 +0300

This would help me fine tune the bucket & refill settings. I've got
100+ users sharing a 1 mbps satellite internet connection, and delay
pools have done a great job keeping the heavy downloaders in check.
There are still a handful of guys running downloads 24/7, but they're
held back to a 4 K/s refill after their bucket is gone. This seems to
be working well.

However, I'm interested in seeing what % of my users are draining
their buckets and getting throttled to the refill rate in the course
of "normal" web browsing. This requires first identifying who's
getting throttled, and what they're downloading. (E.g., if it turns
out that people are getting throttled while viewing CNN's web page,
then maybe a bigger bucket setting would be in order.)

The tool I'm using now is iftop, which makes picking out a single user
very difficult. What I'd like is a simple list of IP addresses with
the current status of the associated bucket.

Is this possible? Thanks.