RE: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy: Age

From: John Cougar <cougar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:31:13 +1100

Hi Eric

My understanding is that Squid honours the expires as per the origin server.
Of course, you can fiddle with the caching rules and times to your hearts
content, but once you do, you are approaching no-man's land, because you're
departing from the protocols ...

Surely the best approach will be to set the correct expiry thresholds on the
origin, and leave the caches to deal with these as per HTTP-imposed
conditions? That way you alleviate those concerns, because once _you_ start
fiddling, what's to stop anyone else fiddling also ...? But I guess I'm
being naïve.

;-)

Cheers and good luck with that!

J.