[squid-users] how to redirect from squid to https

From: Robert Rottermann <robert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:02:06 +0100

Hello there,
sorry if I ask a thumb question. I am rather new to squid..

I have the need to redirect some URLs to use https. how can I do that?

My scenario:
I am using an application server (Zope) in an intranet.
In front of It I use squid as a cache.
People need to login to use the app servers services.
This login should be done trough https, all the rest should go trough http.

I have a redirector written in python that handles all redirects.
When the system redirects to https://mysite.ch/login_ ...
I get an error saying that squid does not support some protocols.

I can not ask people to use a https:// URL for the login because it is the
application server that initiates the login process. Therefore i need to
catch the request and do a redirect.

How should I proceed with my quest?

thanks for your time
Robert