Re: [squid-users] upgrade question stable 2.5 stable 5 to stable 12

From: Ronny T. Lampert <telecaadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:27:50 +0100

> I am currently running 2.5 Stable 5 and want to upgrade to Stable 12.
> Will my Stable 5 conf file work in Stable 12 ?

Yes. I have updated from S3 until S12, using each version in between.

Look into the cache.log (after starting the new squid) to see if squid
complains about a setting.

I had the problem that I just copied the executable over, but didn't update
the error directory, so there were some files missing.
Copying the new error directory over did help.

Cheers,
Ronny