RE: [squid-users] Squid + ntlm authentication with not trusted domains

From: flandercan <lfdl06766@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:10:02 -0000

Hi,

After spending some time looking at the ntlm auth from squid, because it
didn’t do exactly what I wanted I wrote a perl program this way I could make
it check the AD using ntlm_auth to see if a user existed and was a member of
a group, then check to see if the user was in a specific database this way
my normal users could exist in the AD and my tempory short term users (some
students) could exist in a postgres database. Then rather than point
squid.conf to the ntlm_auth I point it to my perl app. It works well and
means I can do other fancy things with authentication in the future.

Hope that helps get you where your going

Paul

--------
flandercan.co.uk
Paul Flanders