[squid-users] max_user_ip

From: Scott Mayo <sgmayo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:10:31 -0600

If I want to make it to where each user can only be logged onto the
internet from one workstation at a time, do I need to add:

acl <domainusers> max_user_ip -s 1

Is there anything else I need to change, like the athenticate_ttl? If
so what should I set that to? If I set the authenticate_ttl to
something like 5 hours, that just means that squid will keep the
authentication for 5 hours when they are still logged onto the internet
correct? If they actually close the web browser, they could go directly
to another machine or open the browser back up on this machine and get
back on, they would not have to wait 5 hours would they? If I read this
correctly, then the 5 hours is just alive as along as that one instance
of the web browser is open..or until the 5 hours is up.

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator