[squid-users] squid on a multi machine

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:08:48 +0300

Hi All,

I was able to configure a linux machine with multiple internet connection, 3
lines (load balancing by Julian), The scenario is like this, load balancing
and Squid proxy is running on the same machine, now let us say one
workstation is currently downloading and the load balancing machine uses
line 1, so in order to test it, I disconnect line 1 then try to ping the
internet from the load balance machine and yes the connection shift to the
other line, however browsing is not working, I try to stop and start the
squid then the workstation can connect.

Correct me if Im wrong but based on my testing squid cannot shift from one
connection to another automatically, it needs to be restarted. Anybody who
have tried this kind of setup or any body can help me to instruct squid to
shift automatically to a working or utilized all the available lines at one
time?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks you very much,

Wennie