Re: [squid-users] squid block attachment

From: Christoph Hanle <christoph.hanle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:22:28 +0100

IT System schrieb:
> Dear Squid Fighter...
> My name is julkipri. I am beginner use open source.
> My operating system is SuSE 10 with Shorewall and squid as Firewall and
> proxy.
> I wish the solution about how to block download attachment from yahoo mail.
> because many user download mpeg, mp3 and wmv from their yahoo mail.
Hi,
I the moment i don't know anymore how this works, but you can solve it
with ACLs, or you can use squidguard.
But this is the wrong way:
The users can use https or can rename the attachment (mp3 to doc)and no
filteringmechanism works.
Don't allow using private webmail (block these IPs with squid or
squidguard and (!) in your policy for using the internet don't allow
private webmail and don't allow downloading files. If a user violates
this rule he has to pay 1000$ penalty and risks his job.
This approach seems to be hard, but is the only way to solve the problem.

bye
Christoph

--
last words: