[squid-users] squid round-robin problem

From: <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:06:21 +0300

Hi all,

I'm having problem with my setup, this is the scenario:

I have 2 dsl lines, line 1 and line2, with every line I setup a proxy server
proxy 1 and proxy 2, this 2 proxy server are configured option proxy only.

On the back of this 2 proxy I have the main proxy which which I configure the
cach_peer this way:
   cache_peer proxy1 parent 8080 0 weight=50 round-robin
   cache_peer proxy2 parent 8080 0 weight=50 round-robin

with this scenario it is working smooth, when proxy2 is dead still it works
smooth, the problem is when proxy1 is dead it is not shifting the load to
proxy2.(note that the default gateway is proxy1, but even I remove the default
gateway since they belong to the same subnet, the situation is the same, when 2
proxies are up no problem, when proxy2 is dead and proxy 1 is up no problem,
but when proxy1 is dead and proxy2 is up then the problems occurs)

Can you please help me on this?

Thank you very much

Wennie