[squid-users] download limits using squid

From: Paul Matthews <paul.matthews@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:37:47 +1000 (EST)

Hi there,

I’m looking for a way to limit the download usage of my users. What I’m
really looking for is a way to set a limit, for example each user can
download 500 meg a month and once the month is up the user’s limit is
reset and they can start downloading again. If they have passed there
download limit I want every time they try and access the internet to
redirect them to an internal webpage basically saying, you’ve passed
your download limit. Does anyone know of any problems that would allow
me to do this or anyway squid can do this?