[squid-users] parse reply headers problem

From: Laurikainen, Tuukka <t.laurikainen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:28:19 +0100

Hi,

Squid-3.0PRE3 as a reverse Proxy. After changing the cache from ufs to
aufs and increasing the cache_mem size, one of the pages published
produces these errors on cache.log:

could not parse headers from on disk structure!
clientReplyContext::sendMoreData: Unable to parse reply headers within a
single HTTP_REQBUF_SZ length buffer

From the store.log I can only see memory events related to this page:

RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF

I fixed this by regenerating the cache (delete cache, generate with
squid -z). Would there have been some other way to recover from the
situation?
I'm not sure what really caused all this, as the ufs -> aufs change
should not affect the cache data, and the increase in cache_mem was not
exaggerated neither (256MB on 1GB system). However I returned to a lower
value just in case.

Regards,

Tuukka