RE: [squid-users] need help with squid ACL's

From: Paul Matthews <paul.matthews@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:10:25 +1000

Hi there everyone,

Just an update on my current squish situation, I seam to have got
everything installed and found all the configuration files and
information I needed after a few days. But now my problem is getting it
working, or at least figure out if it is working. I think the key is in
the squid ACL’s, I’ve found the /etc/squid/squish.conf file I’ve set the
download limits to 2mgs in a day and I’ve passed that easily passed
that, but still I keep surfing with no worries … so I’ve looked at the
squid.conf ACL’s and they appear to not be working, they originally
looked like this

acl SQUISHLOC dst fedora.school.cathedral.qld.edu.au
acl SQUISHED1 proxy_auth "/etc/squid/squished"
acl SQUISHED2 ident "/etc/squid/squished"
acl SQUISHED3 src "/etc/squid/squished"

deny_info http://fedora.school.cathedral.qld.edu.au
/squish/?squished& SQUISHED1
deny_info http://fedora.school.cathedral.qld.edu.au
/squish/?squished& SQUISHED2
deny_info http://fedora.school.cathedral.qld.edu.au
/squish/?squished& SQUISHED3

http_access allow SQUISHLOC
http_access deny SQUISHED1
http_access deny SQUISHED2
http_access deny SQUISHED3

Now I use NTLM authentication, with two instances of squid and
Dansguardian. (see how I have it setup here
http://tlug.dnho.net/?q=node/174#comment-210 )

I’ve changed it to reflect how I think it should look, something like
this …

acl SQUISHLOC dst fedora.school.cathedral.qld.edu.au
acl SQUISHED1 proxy_auth "/etc/squid/squished"
acl SQUISHED3 src "/etc/squid/squished"

deny_info http://fedora.school.cathedral.qld.edu.au/squish/?squished&
SQUISHED1
deny_info http://fedora.school.cathedral.qld.edu.au/squish/?squished&
SQUISHED3

http_access allow SQUISHLOC
http_access deny SQUISHED1
http_access deny SQUISHED3

now my problem everytime I go to use the net, I get redirected to this
deny_info website (and it’s not even there). The way I have setup squish
is also shown on the above website
http://tlug.dnho.net/?q=node/174#comment-212 )

this looks like a fantastic program and I’ve been making posts all over
the internet today from linuxquestions.org, fedoaforum.org & even to the
company that made the program and the guy that wrote the program trying
to get someone with some information on it and so far no such luck, if
you can help me out in setting this up and understanding it I’ll get a
good how-to together for people to read about it and read about how to
set it up. i've attached a screen shot of the problem i'm getting and
in the '/etc/squid/squished/' file you see mentition above is nothing
but the netmask '255.255.254.0'.

I really do need some help, hopefully you’ll respond to this.

squish-error.JPG