[squid-users] intermittent DNS problems

From: Pierre Tor <pierre_tor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:03:37 +0000

Hi,

I'm using SQUID 2.5 STABLE11 on FreeBSD 5.4. Squid is using internal DNS
(configured without --disable-internal-dns)

Squid is working fine with 8Mbps traffic, but there're some intermittent DNS
problems, which at those times squid do not serve requests, at the same time
when I tried to resolve a domain(www.google.com) with nslookup on freebsd,
dns timed-out! (My Windows Server 2003 DNS servers are working fine as I
checked them from other servers and nslookup resolves.)

After a few minutes (2-4), nslookup resolves and squid start serving
requests again.

What is causing this problem?
Is it FreeBSD or SQUID?

I didn't increase number of dns processes, because I'm using internal dns.

Regards,
Pierre.